This course provides a wide range of useful tips for accountants and business owners, facing a business/cash crisis due to the COVID-19 and recession impacts, or due to other reasons. The tips are illustrated through specific examples and stories obtained from real life experience. They will help all types of businesses as well as Not-For-Profit organizations and charities. The live version offers the opportunity to ask critical questions and get feedback from the presenter and the other attendees. This session was created and is presented by a veteran CFO who has created seminars that nearly 12,000 accountants have attended and are known for practicality, examples, and humour.
Notes: The course does not cover bankruptcy laws.
• The attitude required
• Negotiating with suppliers
• How to talk to your employees and cut payroll costs
• Your bank and the crisis
• Alternative financing options
• Key advantages and watch-outs on some government programs that help
• Cost-cutting ideas
• Ethics in a cash flow crisis
• Tricky situations that arise
• Thinking outside the box for solutions
• Stress reduction for you •
WHO WILL BENEFIT
The webinar is aimed at anybody who is facing a business cash crisis or advising in relation to one, for any type of organization.
PAST FEEDBACK ON THE WEBINAR
• Fast paced and engaging with a lot of practical, easily applied strategies on how to conserve cash
• Your seminar was a great review of tools and things available to company in this difficult cash flow time
• Well presented, like the questions and instant feedback
• Enjoyed the people side of the equation …ideas to soften the impact on the employees
• Cash flow is a topic that we all deal with but it is seldom discussed in formal training
• I think that the tips and tricks are great
• I like your style and approach of PD making it less dry then most courses
• It was a great online class
• Some of the options …. are things I have not thought about and will keep in mind going forward.
• I found this course to be very helpful in developing a comprehensive approach to cash management
• I like that the course touched on the legal background
• I liked the focus was on how to manage through a crisis, the overall message was something we can take and apply to our everyday cash management
• A tip that stood out – a good reminder on ethical standards
• I will be using the tips on managing AP in the next few months
• I like the tips about options besides layoffs
PAST FEEDBACK ON THE PRESENTER
• Stephen has a unique way of communicating valuable and practical tips by combining the use of his vast array of real-life on-the-job experience, with his humour, often self-deprecating
• Mr. Priddle is a renowned speaker, extremely knowledgeable, and has a plethora of fun and funny accounting examples
• Encourages accountants to think “outside of the box”
• I’ve sat through dozens of seminars over the years and Stephen is in my opinion the most captivating presenter I’ve met
• Good subject matter that really applies to the real world and based on instructor’s experience and not a textbook
• The best and most useful seminar I have ever attended
• Instructor’s anecdotes were relevant (and humorous)
• He delivers with passion and enthusiasm which is captivating
COURSE CREATOR AND PRESENTER
Stephen Priddle, CPA, CA, CMA
Stephen Priddle is the President and Founder of Practical PD. He has created all of Practical PD’s seminars and also presents them.
Stephen’s primary occupation is the Vice-President, Finance, Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary of the SureWx Inc. group of companies (Canada, USA, UK, Netherlands), as well as a co-owner. SureWx is a global aviation business, an industry leader in the area of assisting airlines optimizing winter operations.
An engaging and experienced seminar leader, Stephen Priddle weaves practical tips together with stories from his business experience and input from participants. Seasoning the mix with a dose of accounting humour, he serves up useful and dynamic seminars. When speaking, he is candid about errors he has made in his career and the lessons that can be learned from them. Someone said: “humans are hard-wired to learn from stories” – Stephen is in part a business storyteller, who draws out the lessons from the stories.