Renfrew County, Ontario $100,000 Startup Competition
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR RC100 2019 – Applications close April 30, 2019
The competition takes place over three rounds
in which start-ups compete for a $100,000 convertible note.
1. The Pitch
2. Business Planning
The competition is designed to accelerate high growth potential start-ups and to position them for follow-on investment, with the $100,000 convertible note supporting key milestones in the start-ups development, such as finalizing a prototype.
**While start-ups currently located anywhere are eligible to compete, ultimately they must establish operations and/or impacts in Renfrew County in order to receive the $100,000 investment**
Compete to secure a $100,000 convertible note and position your startup for follow-on investment! In addition to the convertible note –
Top 8 Finalists Receive:
- One-year software licenses from our official sponsor: MathWorks (MATLAB, Simulink and all other products with full technical support).
- Valuable insight and feedback from the RC100 Power Panel and Advisors.
- Hands on training to hone their pitch and investment proposal to effectively advance their business through a competitive gauntlet.
Top 3 Finalists Receive:
- Six month software licenses from our official sponsor: Budgeto (easy to use budgeting software for startups).
- Boardroom skills presentation workshop including presentation training and mock presentation simulations.
- Consideration for additional funding. **Subject to separate determination of eligibility, receipt of necessary approvals, and availability of funding**
What kind of startups are they looking for?
To compete, you must have a plan to commercialize a new and innovative technology-driven product or service with: