This two-hour workshop offers a first look at becoming a board member for a charity or non-profit organization. The workshop is the first of three which examine the roles and responsibilities of board members and the characteristics of effective boards. This workshop invites you to a conversation about what is asked of you as a board member. Participants will develop confidence and understand how they can make an effective contribution to the board of an organization.
Who will benefit:
- Board members and anyone thinking of joining a Board
- Past members of a Board of Directors and who want to explore the experience in a structured way.
- NPO staff, for example Volunteer Resource Managers or EDs, who recruit Board members
Learning objectives: During this workshop, with practical applications and discussion we will discuss:
- Roles and responsibilities of boards
- Contributing to organizational culture
- The role of committees
- Assessing tasks and time commitment
- What to expect in an orientation manual
- Addressing risk
Full details and registration: http://www.volunteerottawa.ca/cgi/page.cgi/_evtcal.html?evt=75