How long do volunteers usually stay with your program? Do you struggle with keeping them interested, involved and engaged?
This introductory session will take you through the volunteer cycle, including planning, recruitment, orientation, supervision, and recognition. You will learn how all of these stages interlink, and how they all contribute to excellent performance and volunteer retention.
Understand the overall volunteer management cycle, including an introduction to the following:
- Develop quality job descriptions, linked to your organizational mission
- Market your volunteer opportunities
- Orient and train volunteers
- Performance management cycle
- Volunteer recognition
- Who should take this?
- Anyone who wants an overall understanding of volunteer management best practices. This could include someone who is new to the field of volunteer management, as well as program managers and senior managers who want to make best use of their volunteer resources.
Maria Lahiffe, VO’s Education Officer, has 13 years of experience in education and 4 years of experience in volunteer management. She herself has been a lifelong volunteer, including having served on three Boards of Directors and volunteered in a developing country for three years.