Nobody relishes the task of meting out discipline or letting anyone go, but this is an inevitable part of managing other people. Poorly-performing staff members, whether they are paid or unpaid, can have a negative effect on your team and on your organization’s effectiveness.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
* Understand the role legislation has on volunteer discipline and dismissal
* Understand the roles program staff and the Manager of Volunteers/Coordinator of Volunteers play in the process
* Summarize steps in the process to handle inappropriate volunteer behaviour
* Determine in which situations a volunteer termination is justified and necessary
* Use a model to terminate a volunteer
* Outline documentation considerations – what should and should not be included in a volunteer’s file
Who should attend?
* Volunteer Coordinators
* Senior managers
* Program personnel