A great volunteer handbook is a key foundation in setting up volunteers for success. By clearly outlining policies, procedures, and guidelines for acceptable conduct in a clear way that is engaging to read, you can ensure that your volunteers are able to achieve true excellence.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- State why a volunteer handbook is valuable for volunteers and contributes to minimized risk management for an organization
- Determine how to know what information volunteers want and need in a handbook
- List the essential components of an effective volunteer handbook
- Clearly outline the roles and responsibilities of staff and volunteers
- Select the policies and procedures to include in a volunteer handbook