Owning a business as a newcomer means not only wearing many hats, but also finding the right way to gain visibility and convert a Canadian audience into paying customers.
In this interactive 4-hour workshop, attendees will go back to basics in building a strong foundation in their business marketing: from getting clear on their branding and establishing who the real target audience is for their service/product; to creating a marketing strategy and tactics that can be actioned right away.
This is a working seminar where participants are encouraged to use the time to follow along and develop their marketing strategy.
What to expect from this workshop:
- Create your Brand Blueprint (in-class worksheet)
- Persona Identification – get to know your target audience – really, really well (in-class worksheet)
- Benefits of Niching – narrow and deep approach
- Get clear on your Unique Selling Proposition
- Creating a marketing promise – you will dive into creating a well-thought-out, three-sentence marketing promise that will transform the way you talk about your business to potential clients (in-class worksheet)
- A framework for Marketing – before you set out and create Facebook posts or pay for Google Ads, it is important that you develop a plan that helps you create a bigger goal, and forces you to think about what you are going to measure (template)
- Marketing Worksheet (resource guide)
- One-page marketing plan (template)
- Important marketing tools for businesses (resource guide)
Register to build a strong foundation in your business marketing!
About the Speaker
Karla Briones is a Mexican-Canadian serial entrepreneur with retail, food & beverage, service and online businesses including Global Pet Foods, Freshii, Karla Briones Business Consulting & Immigrants Developing Entrepreneurs Academy (IDEA).
Karla is part of the team of independent business advisors at Invest Ottawa where she coaches entrepreneurs of all walks of life; she also leads one of IO’s Peer Groups – a structured peer-to-peer networking group where she helps revenue-generating companies reach their first $1M faster.
She also actively gives back to her community and is a business mentor with Futurpreneur Canada, World Skills’ Entrepreneurship Connections program, the Centre for Social Enterprise Development (CSED) as well as playing a larger role in business advocacy as a Board of Directors member of the Ottawa Board of Trade as well as for the Ottawa Markets.
About Digital Main Street
Through the Digital Main Street Proof program, qualified small businesses gain access to free, Government-funded programs and digital marketing services to help strengthen their business. Learn more at investottawa.ca/digital-main-street/.
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario.