Jan 25 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
About this Webinar
This seminar will provide a broad outline of what you need to know to start importing goods from abroad:
- financial issues (Incoterms, payments, exchange rates, insurance), Canadian import regulations, labelling, quotas,
- permits and licences, logistics costs, the documentation required for smooth customs clearance, how duties and taxes work,
- Free Trade Agreements and their impact, the role of the customs broker and other intermediaries.
Learn the basics as well as the important details impacting your bottom line and avoid mistakes, minimize costs/risks and maximize revenue.
About the Speaker: Christian Sivière, Solimpex
Following a + 30-year international logistics career, Christian Sivière started a Montréal-based import-export consultancy in 2010, Solimpex, active in two areas:
- consulting to help SMEs grow internationally; and
- training on the regulatory, customs and logistics aspects of Importing and Exporting, Free Trade Agreements and Supply Chain Optimization.
Christian lectures for the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association, gives seminars and webinars for various trade organizations like Invest Ottawa, the Montréal Chamber of Commerce, the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Export Québec, the Government of Alberta, Supply Chain Canada, etc..; and personalized training for importers and exporters. He publishes articles in Inside Logistics and in Supply Professional.