Are you intrigued by the idea of angel investing? Interested in engaging with experienced founders? Would you appreciate the opportunity to hear directly from investment leaders?
The Capital Angel Network and Invest Ottawa are hosting this event for current and aspiring women angel investors, supporters and promoters as part of International Womxn’s Week in Ottawa.
According to Crunchbase’s 2020 Diversity Report, global venture funding to female-founded companies fell significantly in 2020. It was at 2.9% (still extremely low) but, in the last year, only 2.3% of venture capital went to companies led by a woman-identifying founder.
How do we move the dial on this? We need more women on the other side of the table making investment decisions. According to All In: Women in the VC Ecosystem 2019 by Pitchbook and All Raise, they are twice as likely to invest in female founders as their male counterparts. Today, only 12% of American VC decision makers are women. However, 69.2% of the top-performing funds have female General Partners as reported by Forbes.
- 7:30 am – 7:45 am – Inspirational Keynote Talk
- 7:45 am – 8:30 am – Panel Discussion with Angel Investors and Womxn Founders
- 8:30 am – 8:50 am – Next Steps to Becoming an Informed Investor
- 8:50 am – 9:00 am – Q&A
We aim to:
• Consistently increase the number of women angel investors in Canada’s Capital and inspire similar action across the country and around the world; and
• Create new and impactful opportunities for experienced female funders and founders to encourage and support aspiring and early-stage women entrepreneurs.
Help us achieve these goals, and drive positive change. Join us for breakfast on March 2 to:
• Learn the basics of angel investing;
• Hear from existing women angels in Ottawa;
• Network with fellow like-minded women in our community, and
• Learn about some of the top women-founded companies in the city.
We look forward to making a special announcement, and welcoming an esteemed panel of Ottawa angel investors and founders moderated by Jennifer Francis, Chair of the Capital Angel Network. More details to come!
o By registering for this event, you accept that you will receive event related emails, as well as an invitation to subscribe to our mailing list.
We look forward to welcoming you on Zoom on Tuesday, March 2 for our Womxn Angel Investor Breakfast. To learn more about:
• The Capital Angel Network, please visit https://www.capitalangels.ca/
• Invest Ottawa, please visit: www.investottawa.ca
• IWW 2021, please visit: https://www.investottawa.ca/IWW/
Keep up to date with what’s to come during IWW by following #wemeanbusiness and #IWW2021.