1003 words | 4 mins.
By: Randy Gaudreau
Home to one of North America’s most active and bustling technology communities, Ottawa isn’t short on innovative companies making headlines in the news and turning heads around the industry.
Every month in our Trending in Tech blog series, we shine the spotlight on tech companies in Ottawa that are growing and creating new opportunities for tech talent looking to take the next step in their career.
This month, we’re showcasing Solink, which recently landed a spot on the inaugural Team True North list – a list of the top-performing companies in Canada. And their growth is creating new opportunities to join their team.
So, continue below for an introduction from Solink itself – and learn about what its technology sets out to do, and get the inside track on opportunities you can apply for to join the team.
What does Solink do?
Solink is the leader in video security for businesses of all sizes. Solink’s hardware and software is purpose-built for business owners, IT and security teams. Solink integrates with over 200 solutions to help give visibility into business.
With over 12,000 customer locations in 15 countries, Solink helps provide customers of all sizes with peace of mind for their security and operations. Solink has built a reputation as a trusted partner that solves real business problems for many of the world’s most respected brands.
Can you tell us a bit about the company’s growth?
Solink has grown significantly over the last two years. We have almost 200 employees working with us to solve some of the biggest challenges in cloud video security. Our growth has been strategic and responsible—we hire the right people at the right time, for the right reasons.
Our employee growth matches our customer growth to ensure our clients and customers continue to be delighted by receiving excellent service in all areas of our business. Over the last quarter, we have focused our growth in the following departments.
- Our Customer Care Heroes put their capes on for our customers, resolving all their technical and troubleshooting needs, and always with a smile.
- Our R&D magicians continue to make the magic happen by reinforcing our infrastructure, releasing new features, and solving the most challenging data and integration problems.
- Our Sales and Success staff tirelessly build relationships within our fabulous ecosystem. They provide value to our customers and partners by being trusted advisors.
How to join the Solink team
How can someone join the Solink team?
We suggest all interested candidates please visit the Solink Careers page.
What can talent bring to the table?
Each new Solinkian brings a fresh perspective, new skillset, experience and knowledge that allows us to do better each and every day. We are tackling challenging problems and seeking folks that are passionate about getting to the root cause, implementing efficiencies and making a difference.
What do you look for in a candidate looking to join the Solink team
We look for people who have a passion for customer service. No matter the role, everything goes back to serving our customers with excellence. Successful candidates have the drive to do better, and to be better.
We look for candidates who aren’t afraid to embark on a new adventure and embrace challenges. Curious folks who think outside the box and question the status quo, who are lifelong learners and are excited to evolve their knowledge and skill sets do well at Solink.
We hunt for people who are passionate, collaborative problem solvers with a positive energy.
Are there particular tech skills that are in demand at Solink?
Can you list a few key reasons tech talent will want to work with Solink?
- Solink is the people, product and culture—there’s a lot more to this than just the words too.
- We offer the opportunity to grow professionally and individually
- Everyone gets to make a significant impact with our daily contributions
- We are not just a number here. We have a voice and will be heard. We are encouraged to share our ideas, suggestions and concerns and to bring them to reality.
- We are a supportive community that doesn’t end at the Solink walls—it extends to our partners, clients and customers
- We win together, lose together and learn. We continually strive to level
one another up.
- We bring our authentic selves to work each and every day.
- We offer great benefits and fabulous compensation packages.
Can you highlight a few open positions you’re currently hiring for?
We’re looking for positive solutions-based problem solvers who can think on their feet, deliver high-quality customer service with patience and empathy and are hungry to improve on the status quo. As a key member of our Customer Support Team, you will manage relationships with our customers and ensure they’re happy with the Solink product and services.
This is a customer-facing role, so we’re looking for employees with exceptional communication skills and people with smiles that we can “hear” on the other end of the phone. Are you a people person that enjoys helping others and solving problems? Then we’d like to hear from you!
The Assistant Controller at Solink is a position that is both challenging and rewarding.
We are searching for a charismatic person who has strong analytical, technology, communication and organizational skills. In this role, you will support the Controller by examining and analyzing the accounting records of Solink.
You will be responsible for ensuring accuracy in data and reporting and assisting with month-end and year-end processes, among other duties.
Interested in hearing more about tech opportunities in Ottawa?