Please note that the Summer Company Program will remain running for the 2020 season. The program will be delivered online and applicants should take care that their businesses meet all recommendations from the Government of Ontario, Public Health Ontario and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
This means that businesses should have no direct contact with their clients.
We hope that you are taking good care of yourself and look forward to your application.
Want to start your own business and be your own boss this summer?
The Summer Company Program offers you the skills and knowledge to start up a successful business during the Summer break. You will receive dedicated workshops, hands-on mentorship and funding to help your business thrive. If your application is accepted, you will be eligible to receive an award of up to $3000 – up to $1500 up front to help underwrite start-up costs, and up to $1500 upon successful completion of the program.
How to apply
Applications are still open for Summer Company 2020 – here are the steps to apply:
- Check to see if you’re eligible for the program
- Complete the online application inquiry
- Select your local program provider
- Assign yourself a password
How you’re approved
If your application meets the program’s requirements, your program coordinator will invite you for an interview.
After the interview, your program coordinator will let you know if you’ve been approved to participate in the program.
- Be between 15 and 29 years old, currently a student and returning to school in the fall (proof of enrollment required)
- Propose a new business separate from any current family businesses
- Prepare a business plan that shows the business can successfully launch and operate this summer
- Invest 35 hours a week to operating the business for a minimum of 8 -12 consecutive weeks
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant residing in Ontario
- Agree to follow government rules and regulations for operating a business